WHAT TO EXPECT
before your appointment
In order to utilize the full-time of your appointments for lash application, please remember to do the following:
- Shower before, if possible – New lashes should not be exposed to any steam for 24-hours following application
- Remove contacts to ensure comfort
- Remove all makeup – this includes mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, falsies, or creams. This step is a MUST as it will save your lash artist prep-time!
- Check confirmation text/Email to ensure correct date and time and familiarize yourself with @Lash Nashville’s cancellation policy.
- Remember that your lash-personality is unique to you – feel free to come in with a desire for either natural or dramatic lashes.
If this is a fill-in, please note:
- It is not recommended to exceed 3-weeks in between appointments.
- Set pricing is based off the average loss of lashes in a 3-week span yielding the average amount of product used on the client for refills.
- Waiting longer than 3-weeks to return to your lash artist increases your chances of greater lash loss depending on your upkeep and lifestyle effecting the longevity of the extensions.
during your appointment
There are three types of lash extensions: synthetic, silk and mink. Size availability ranges from 6mm to 17mm to match your lash preference.
Once selected, the lashes are applied one at a time using a specially formulated, semi-permanent glue that will not irritate the eye nor damage the natural lash. However, since allergic reactions are possible, there are different types of glue based on one's sensitivity.
Take a "lashnap," choose a playlist, and/or chat it up with our friendly last artists. The eyelash extension procedure takes between 1 and 1.5 hours. It may take longer if you want to add more volume. Before we start the procedure, we evaluate your eyelashes and review with you the desired outcome. Occasionally we will have to remove your eye make-up before starting the procedure.
after your appointment
For the first 24 hours only, it is recommended that clients AVOID:
- Steam rooms
- Facials/heavy cream massages
- Crying (if at all possible - the more dry the lashes are kept during the first day only...the better!)
Throughout your lash life, it is recommended that clients DO NOT:
- Use mascara or eyelash curlers
- Use oil-based makeup remover or moisture-rich creams around eyes
- Waterproof makeup and anything oil based as it will weaken adhesive
- After 24 hours, showers are okay - but avoid letting the water beat directly on the extensions
- Sleep on stomach - smashing the lashes into a pillow may cause them to fall out prematurely (back is best)
- Play or pull on lashes ad especially do not pull out lashes
- Allow sweat to sit on lashes especially after workouts and be conscience of fitness regimes involving steam that may weaken the adhesive
Throughout your lash life, it is recommended that clients DO:
- Use oil free makeup remover to remove eyeliner and eye shadow
- Comb lashes with wand/spooly after showering to detangle and reshape lashes - do this gently by placing a finger underneath the base of extensions and spinning the brush upward above extensions - it is also suggested to comb lashes
- Wash eyelashes with baby shampoo applied on wand/spooly
- follow @atlashnashville on instagram for more tips on maintaining lovely lashes for longer
- Have fun with your lashes, wake up confident and ready, and remain thankful you don't have to waste time applying clumpy mascara or damaging strip falsies!